About the App
TTSLexx is an application that allows you to create and use a custom dictionary for Speech Services by Google. It is most useful for languages with stress mark such as Russian, but can also help improve reading in other languages. At least by making it easier to use “network” (online) voices.
Supported languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
The app serves as a quasi-TTS tool, which converts text based on your dictionary every time you use Google’s text-to-speech service. In other words, TTSLexx prepares the text according to your speech preferences before running it in Speech Services. Packed with tons of features, it offers everything you need in one place.
Features of the App
- Built-in editor that creates a TTS.lexx dictionary in the app’s internal storage. (It can be accessed using:
- The Share function, which is available in almost all readers
- FastSet (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sia.netttsengine.fastset).
- In the editor, with a swipe left and right, you can see what TTSLexx is receiving from the reader app and what, after processing, is passed to Google TTS.
- TTSLexx picks up all dictionary changes “on the fly”.
- The dictionary can be imported and exported to create a backup. (This is especially necessary before updating or reinstalling the app.)
- Selecting and remembering a voice to read, independent of the default Google voice.
- Removing dots at the end of sentences to avoid reading abbreviations (which are often not abbreviations).